Monday, May 31, 2010

My Mom's Visit

I can't believe that my mom is flying back to the US today!  I don't know where the time went.  I feel like it was just yesterday I was anticipating her visit, and it's over already?!?  Even though her visit went by way to quickly, we had a great time. 


Last weekend was a holiday weekend in France, which meant Matthew has last Monday off.  We decided to head south to the Mediterranean for the long weekend.  I found a place to stay (very last minute) near the beach in Agde.  Matthew and I will be spending 3 nights in Agde during his vacation in August, so we thought this would be a good chance to check out the area.  For this trip, we stayed in a camp-like setting with individual cabins.  The property was very family-friendly with playgrounds, a game room, and a heated pool.  Although, we didn't really take advantage of any of those facilities because we spent the entire weekend on the beach!  It was about a 10 minute drive to beautiful sandy beaches.  Every 200 yards are restaurants right on the beach, which also rent beach chairs and umbrellas.  We camped out both days at a place called 'Capao', and spent our days reading, napping, and people watching on our ridiculously comfortable lounge chairs.


Saturday night we drove 20 minutes into Sete for dinner.  The streets of Sete are lined with seafood restaurants and choosing a restaurant is overwhelming!


Mom also wanted to meet some of the people she has heard so much about.  We invited Freddie and Jen, a colleague of Matthew's- Matteo, and Bertrand and Claire to come for a sushi party.  Unfortunately, the night before Imanol got sick, so Bertrand and Claire were not able to come.  We started the night with about 6 rolls that I made.  After those were devoured, everyone had the chance to make one of their own.  It was pretty funny seeing the different personalities come out in the sushi rolls.


 
Freddie tried to fit so much in the roll, it wouldn't close...but it was still delicious!
Mom and I also spent some time wandering around downtown.  We went into a few baby stores, and Mom bought the baby a few little gifts.  I also introduced Mom to Aquagym at Royatonic.  She enjoyed it as much as I do, and is already planning to go when she returns in November.   We spent her last weekend in Lyon, but that will be in a separate post

No comments: