Friday, December 31, 2010

Cocktails and Cookies

I have definitely neglected this blog since Jacob has been born.  There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to get anything done, let alone sit down at my laptop and try to sound witty. 

Since my last post with the story of Jacob's birth, our lives have been very busy.  I don't even know where to begin, or what to write about (that might be because of the sleep deprivation).  Since my time is short (Jacob seems to be going through his 6 week growth spurt and wants to feed nonstop), even though he is asleep in his crib at the moment, that moment probably won't last long...

An American friend, Jen, and I hosted our second Cookie Swap party with some friends that we do a 'Ladies' Night Out' dinner with once a month.  It was probably crazy of me to offer to host the party at my apartment only 2 weeks after giving birth, but my mom was here and was a HUGE help.

Why is it that everyone always congregates in the kitchen?  (even if it is a tiny French kitchen)

Bene and Sawyer (born Oct 3), and Jacob (born Nov. 24) and me.

Party games.  I think Jen called this one "Cookies in the Closet", where we wrote something about ourselves on a card, and everyone had to guess which card went with which person.  A very entertaining and enlightening game!

When you have no fireplace, you have to rely on a creative husband who downloads a fireplace video, complete with Christmas music, to play on the TV. :)

Time to swap cookies!

No comments: