Saturday, January 1, 2011

Jacob's Newborn Pictures


I feel like such a disappointment to newborn photographers everywhere.  I had all of these grand plans and new ideas to try out with this 'doll' that I had my disposal 24/7.  But when it came down to it, the mom in me won out over the photographer.  I wanted so badly to try to figure out Jacob's natural sleep schedule during the day, I couldn't bear risking waking him by posing him and taking a bazillion photos.  Add in the fact that almost all of my newborn photography gear is in the US, which meant creating make-shift backgrounds on our bed.  I did get a few short sessions done.  These are some of my favorites.

2 days old





3 days old
(I am proud to say that I crocheted the hat and booties.  Maybe one day Jacob's son will wear them home from the hospital too.)



4 days old

One of my absolute favorites.  And this wasn't posed, he started rubbing Matthew's face and smiling all by himself!  (insert melting heart here)
 
6 days old



Jacob's great-grandmother, Ruby, knitted this cocoon for me.

I won this hat from a baby photographers' website.  It makes me smile.





 11 days old



And that is where the photo shoots stopped.  I do have a TON of photos from our time with our family at Christmas.  But those will have to wait for another post. 

 

1 comment:

Leigh said...

May the mom in you always win out! But I do love the photos you took - precious!