Friday, December 18, 2009

Imanol


This precious little boy was just 5 days old when I photographed him. He does not like being without clothes on, and even though I had the heat cranked up so high that the adults were sweating...he was just not having it! So, although I didn't get a lot of the shots that I had planned to, I did get some great ones that I had not planned. Imanol is the son of some really close friends here in France, and they asked Matthew to be the godfather! We first met Imanol when he was just one day old, and he would not wake up no matter how hard we tried. This time, though, he decided that he didn't exactly trust me and my camera. You could see him fighting sleep, and just when we thought he was finally asleep, one eye would pop open to see where I was.
This blanket was made by Bertrand's grandmother.
Don't you just want to play "This little piggy went to market..."??? :)
I see all the time when I look at other infant photographers' websites and blogs, pictures of the dads (and sometimes the moms) without their shirts on. I love the look of the skin-to-skin contact with the baby. But I have always been too nervous or shy or embarrassed (probably all three!) to ask another man to take his shirt off! Bertrand seemed to be the perfect guy to try this out with. First, he is French. It might be a stereotype, but it seems to be true for the French people that I know. They are just more comfortable with their bodies than Americans. Just go to a French beach and you will see what I mean...it is even true for those who probably shouldn't be comfortable with showing the world what they've got! Second, Bertrand is a close friend, and I have been around him many times without his shirt on (the beach in Corsica, bbq's at his house, rugby practice, etc). I am so glad I did get the courage to try these shots, because I am in love with the result!
About 2 seconds after this picture was taken, Imanol peed all over Claire's hands! Sorry Claire! :)Congratulations again Bertrand and Claire! We love you guys!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are great Kim! He looks like such a peaceful baby!! -MaryAnn

Anonymous said...

A very big thanks again for all this job!!! Claire Bertrand Lisa and Imanol