Wednesday, January 27, 2010

10 Things I Love About France...#10

Hello! Hopefully all of my faithful readers have not given up on me! We are now back in France after our month-long trip to the US. We had a really great time (well, I had a really great time, Matthew had to work 3 out of the 4 weeks!). It was especially nice being home for Christmas. Last year my mom came to France for the holidays, and that was wonderful... but there is something so special about being surrounded by family and friends during the Christmas season.

We have been back for almost 2 weeks, and everyone keeps asking me how I feel about being back. Was it hard to leave the Us and come back to France? Was it wonderful being back "home"? Have I adjusted back to "French" life? The answer to all of the above is 'yes'. Yes, it was hard to leave the US. Yes, it was wonderful being back in the US. And, yes, I am back in the swing of things, in fact it feels like the trip to the US is just a distant memory already!

I know that many of you will think that I have nothing to complain about, given this amazing opportunity to live abroad. And, I tell myself that constantly, because I am truly thankful for this experience. However, the truth is, it can be very hard living in a country where I don't speak the language very well and I am far away from family and friends. And, as I am alone in our apartment, staring out at yet another freezing cold, dreary, gray day, I have decided I need some positive thinking!

So, I am starting a series of 10 posts. Each one with something I love about living in France. Here we go with #10:

#10: The French Health Care System
Since this is already kind of a long post, I decided to choose a topic I have already blogged about. If you feel like reading some more, you can click here.

Check back tomorrow for the #9 thing I love about life in France!

No comments: