Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Baby Shower for Baby Jacob

Two Saturdays ago, Jacob and I were showered with gifts by our wonderful friends in France.  Jen, Clarrette, and Robin have been planning this shower for months!  It seemed anytime I talked to any of them, they were headed to a planning meeting, meeting with the caterer, or going shopping for decorations, favors, etc.  They were planning a very traditional American baby shower, which was especially great for the guests that had never been to one before.  Baby showers do not exist in France, and Sabina, my friend from Poland, had never been to one either.  AND, to make everything that much better, Matthew's cousin, Jen, decided to come for a visit, which meant that I would have friends and family at my baby shower! 

 





The Amazing Baby Shower Planning Committee
 
I had such such a great time, and am so thankful for all of my friends here in France.  Everyone here has been so great, continuously offering to help out with anything, anytime- day or night.  Even with all this support, it has been hard, at times, being pregnant so far from my family.  Saturday, I was absolutely overwhelmed with all of the love and support from people who haven't even known me that long.

Robin ordered this amazing chocolate torte cake from a local patisserie.  She ordered it for vingt-cinq (25) people.  This is what she got- a 5 layer cake!  We still aren't sure if the lady misunderstood and heard quatre vingt-cinq (85), OR she heard Robin's American accent and, keeping with the stereotype, decided this is how much we would need for 25 American women.  I am not complaining, because I got to take the top tier home! 


Matthew's cousin, Jen.

All the pregnant ladies (plus Corinne).  Pilar (in white) is due 5 days before me, and Bene (in black) had her handsome little Sawyer THAT night!  So glad she was able to make it to the shower, and SO glad Sawyer didn't decide to come just a few hours earlier.  That would have made for a very memorable baby shower!

Present Time!









A HUGE thank you again to Clarrette, Robin, and Jen for planning and hosting this shower.  It was really special, and meant so much to Matthew and me!  Love you all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you got to have a baby shower! It's an American traditional that, quiet frankly, rocks! Did everyone like it? And extra chocolate cake; a bonus! Love you and Cabe! And Jacob too!

Kirstin

Robin said...

Great pics! We are so excited for baby Jacob. Anna is already planning to be his babysitter!

Leigh said...

My name is Leigh. My husband & I are moving to Clermont-Ferrand in Jan. 2011. I have been following your blog and would love to contact you personally. Could you please contact me at jonesblmm@gmail.com?