Sunday, February 1, 2009

Laser Tag

Saturday night we joined some friends to play Laser Tag. A computer randomly divided us into two teams. For the first round, I played on a team with Mark and Silke. Matthew, Bertrand, Claire, and Johan were on the Red Team. After getting on our gear (and posing for a quick photo) we headed into the room.
Although my ankle is much better, I still cannot run (well at least, it is not a fast, or graceful, run). So my strategy was to find a corner where I could protect the laser plate on my back and shoot people as they ran past. The strategy did not work so great because there was a catwalk that ran around the top of the room, and Matthew stood at the top in the corner like a sniper. He shot me 13 times!!! After the game was over, we headed to the lobby to get our scores. Silke came in last with a -100 score! Her score was not helped by the fact that she shot both Mark and me...and we were on her team! I came in second to last (no thanks to my husband shooting me 13 times!). Matthew came in second and Johan came in first.
The computer shuffled the teams, and the second time I was on a team with Johan, Matthew, and Mark. I thought for sure I would be on the winning team this time! However, this was not the case. I did succeed in shooting more people during the second game, and getting shot fewer times.
After Laser Tag, we headed to an Irish pub, called Kerry's, for dinner. The place was packed, even though it was almost 10:00pm. The place had a great atmosphere and really good food. While we were eating the guys kept watching the fair that was across the street. After dinner they decided to walk over to try out a ride they had seen. The ride looked like one of those balance scales. As the ride started the buckets on each side would start spinning, and the whole contraption would rotate. As it gained speed, the buckets started spinning sideways, and eventually flipped completely upside down. Claire and I decided to stay securely on the ground, but the rest of the group decided to try it out. Needless to say, there was quite a bit of dizziness and stumbling as they got off the ride!

No comments: