Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Thais Emma Tucker


In my last post, I told you that working on my photography was one of my goals while in France. Last week (while on the wonderful world of Facebook) I saw that a woman I taught with at Palmetto had posted a link to a photographer who took pictures of her newborn. The photographer was Michelle DiMaio. Michelle's husband was a student in my mom's department at Clemson, so I knew of her and her work (which is amazing!). Michelle had posted pictures of Kristie's beautiful baby boy on her blog. Immediately, I was inspired by Michelle's photographs. And then I started thinking....Bene just had a baby...
I emailed Michelle and asked if she had any tips for me when photographing a newborn. Michelle immediately emailed me back a list of helpful hints. Now all I had to do was convince Bene to let me use her child as my guinea pig. Bene was more than willing to help me out, so today I spent several hours at chez Tucker. I was really happy with how the photographs turned out, especially considering this was my first time every photographing children- let alone a newborn! I learned a lot during our little "photo shoot" (including: Make sure you put some sort of plastic between the prop blanket and the pillows you are borrowing from the parents to prop the baby up on, so that when the diaper is off and the baby has an accident-which she did-it won't soak through into the pillow! Sorry Bene!!!!).
Enjoy the pictures, but if you want to check out the real thing, check out Michelle's website (http://www.michelledimaiophotography.com/). Please look at mine first, though, so that you aren't comparing mine to hers! AND, if you are expecting a baby, and you live anywhere near Clemson, RUN (don't walk) to the phone and call Michelle to do your newborn photos!

1 comment:

Michelle DiMaio said...

So cute! What a beautiful family! Sure looks like your first newborn attempt was a success! Congrats!