Friday, March 25, 2011

Oh Happy Day!

This is definitely a happy dance kind of day!  First of all, it is a beautiful day.  Not a cloud in the sky, and high near 70!  ahhhh... One of those days that literally takes your breath away.

My day started off great with a baby that slept from 6:30pm last night until 5:00am this morning, ate, and then went back to sleep!  Go Jacob!

Then, my amazing husband took the day off so that I could take a 'mommy mental health day'.  After I fed Jacob this morning, I headed up the hill to the thermal spa in Royat.  After enjoying an aquagym class, I went to the naturally heated outdoor pool and laid in sun in one of the massage jet pools.  Ah-mazing!

I got back to the apartment just in time to feed Jacob his next meal, then Matthew and I packed up a picnic and headed to a nearby park.  Jacob was even kind enough to fall asleep in his carseat so that Matthew and I could enjoy our picnic and even nap for a few minutes ourselves in the sunshine.

(oh, and did I mention that this time next week we will be on a plane headed to the US?!?  Definitely a happy dance kind of day!)

2011_03 351

2011_03 348
2011_03 357

Tummy Time in the great outdoors!
2011_03 359

Nap Time in the great outdoors!
2011_03 362

No French picnic would be complete without some treats from a patisserie (well, actually I don't know if the French take things like this on picnics, but these Americans sure do!)
2011_03 364

2011_03 366

2011_03 373

Baby toes in the grass!
2011_03 378

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Kim,

This is a friendly follow-up to our first message to you (May 2010), to warmly invite you again to list your blog on our Expat Women Blog Directory (http://www.expatwomen.com/expatblog/). Blogs like yours are excellent sources of information for relocating expats, so we would love to include it with our other 1,700+ self-listed blogs.

We are also excited to let you know that we just re-launched our main website (http://www.expatwomen.com/), so please drop by and have a look if you are interested.

Many, many thanks and wishing you success abroad!

Jessica Perez for ExpatWomen.com