Saturday, November 1, 2008

Update

For those of you wondering why I haven't posted anything in a while, it is because we moved into our apartment in Chamalieres 2 Wednesdays ago. While it is still a walking distance to come to the McDonalds in Place de Jaude to use wi-fi (which is where I am right now, unfortunately...) it is not a quick walk as it was before. I also have been very busy unpacking boxes and haven't found the time. We have ordered internet, and have gotten word that it has been turned on in the apartment, however we have to wait for something called a "Live Box" in order to use the internet.
So here we are, back at McDonalds. To make things so much better, in addition to the annoying music coming from the various play things in the kids' area, today is All Saint's Day, so as Matthew is straining to hear his parents through the headset, there are about 20 kids having their faces painted behind us. Apparently, having your face painted in France means screaming at the top of your lungs. Remember what I said about how cute French kids were??? I take that back. Now the yelling children are all dragging their chairs across the floor to get them in a circle to play a game. :/
I have been typing blogs on my computer of what has been going on the last 2 weeks, and as soon as we get internet I will be posting them, along with pictures. In addition to moving, we went to my uncle's wedding in Lyon last weekend. I have lots of pictures to post, so keep your fingers crossed that the Live Box comes next week!!!!
We miss you all a lot! We are really looking forward to having internet at the apartment so we can start calling everyone!
Much Love,
Kim and Matthew

No comments: