Wednesday, December 3, 2008

AquaGym!

Robin and I have started going to AquaGym at a pool close to us in a town called Royat. The pool is called Royatonic, and is the most beautiful pool I have ever seen! The main pool area is round, with huge rock formations along one side. The other side is completely glass, and since Royat is up on a mountain, you have an incredible view everywhere you look. Royatonic is also a spa, so all around the pool area are little hot tub size pools that are used for various therapies. Bene has been to the spa, and says there is a certain order you do all the tubs. There is a tepidarium (just warm water), a frigidarium (I think you can figure that one out!), a bain perfume (a perfume bath), tubs with massaging jets, etc, etc.
AquaGym is a great workout, but it is also a lot of fun. There are about 15-20 people in the class and, of course, the instructions given are all in French. I would describe the instructor as a little petite drill sergeant, Robin says she reminds her of a PE teacher. She is out of the pool, and marches up and down the side of the pool calling out commands to us, and yelling "plus vite! plus vite!" (faster! faster!). She is very nice though, and when I don't understand what she has said, and the exercise is with our legs (so I can't see what everyone else is doing) she will try to demonstrate to me what it is I should be doing. The class is 45 minutes long, and afterwards Robin and I will go sit in one of the jetted tubs or in the heated tub for a couple of minutes. I told Mom to pack her suit when she comes in a few weeks so she can also experience Royatonic! :)
I took some pictures of a brochure I picked up so you can see how amazing this pool is.
The main pool area, where the AquaGym class is held.

A picture of an AquaGym class.

The other side of the pool, including 2 of the tubs (1 is where the spray is, and the other is inside the "cave").

2 comments:

Freddie Page said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

This sounds fabulous!