Monday, December 15, 2008

Nevermind! DON'T Let it Snow!

The snow yesterday was admittedly beautiful, especially for a Southern girl not used to snow! However, today was a different story. Not only had all of the snow in the roads turned to a dirty, gray slush, but apparently the city of Clermont is not very concerned with clearing the sidewalks. The snow yesterday was a very wet snow, so everywhere people had walked, it was crunched down to just a layer of ice. This layer re-froze last night, so today the sidewalks were really, really slick. I almost lost it several times in the 2 block walk to my bus stop. Then, after school I was walking part of the way with Clarrette and her kids. I almost brought Clarrette down with me twice! The weather is supposed to be above freezing for the next couple of days. I am hoping the sidewalks clear off soon! Otherwise I am going to have to invest in some sort of shoes with spikes on the bottom!

And, just so you know, dog poop on the sidwalk is gross. Rainy, mushy dog poop is disgusting. BUT, by far, smeared, slushy, frozen dog poop is the worst!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh gosh.. so Suzanne was right about the doggie poopy, eh? We should implement a "pick up your own dog poop" system while we are there. Hope the ice melts some!