Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ecole Bilingue Internationale

After not teaching since the beginning of June, I started going a little stir-crazy. Two Fridays ago, I decided to go introduce myself to the Director of the Primary School at the International School here in Clermont. The following Monday I was called in for a interview with the Head of the School. The job I was offered was to fill in, starting in January, if a teacher that was already out on maternity leave needed to extend that leave. I got a call last Friday asking if I could start Monday! Another teacher had to start her maternity leave early and I was asked to fill in the last two weeks before Christmas. So, after teaching 1st grade for 3 years, I am now teaching 4th grade...well atleast for 2 weeks! There are 19 kids in the class and they come from all over the world. They are intelligent, well-rounded, and just very cool kids! I have to say that I have the best teaching schedule ever! Since it is a bilingual school, the English teachers only teach half the day, and then the French teachers teach the other half of the day. So my teaching schedule is as follows: Monday 1:30-4:35, Tuesday 8:30-11:35, Wednesday- there is no school in France, Thursday 8:30-11:35, Friday 1:30-4:35. I told Matthew that I am going to get spoiled by this schedule. I have a feeling that I won't be able to find hours like this at a school in the US!

1 comment:

John Bolton said...

Hi Kim,
Glad you found such a great job.

It is hot here in Orlando. Wish you were here.
Love you,
Dad