Wednesday, October 22, 2008

MOVING DAY!!!!

22 Octobre 2008

We woke up to rain this morning, but nothing could dampen our mood. It was moving day! After 5 months, we would finally be reunited with our belongings and live in a place that had our furniture! Matthew and I filled the car with a load to take to the new apartment. The movers were supposed to arrive around 8:30 am. They finally arrived about 9:30 and started to unload. It didn’t take the 3 of them very long to start filling the apartment with boxes. I was opening and emptying boxes as fast as I could. Matthew was in charge of checking off each box that was brought in against the list the movers had made back in June. Without kitchen cabinets, I was quickly running out of places to put things. All of my plates, pots, pans, casserole dishes, plastic storage containers, etc, etc, etc were in piles all around the kitchen. About 10:45 the movers took a coffee break and Matthew and I were able to catch our breath a little. By the time we stopped for lunch, the truck was completely unloaded. After lunch the men set up the beds and couch (we had bought a futon-like couch before we left for extra guests to sleep on). By 2:15 the movers were gone. We had managed to unpack about 80% of the boxes so that they could take the boxes and packing material away with them. Although our apartment was chaotic with piles of stuff everywhere, I am glad we were able to send them away with as much as we did. After the movers left we continued to unpack, and we quickly filled the entryway with empty boxes. I am very happy to say that besides the end of a curtain rod being broken, we had no damages. What a relief! Now all I have to do is find a place for all of our things! Closet space is, shall I say, “limited” in our new apartment.

No comments: