Thursday, October 9, 2008

Our First French Party

Tuesday night Matthew and I went over to Bertrand and Claire's apartment for a dinner party. Bertrand works at Michelin and met Matthew through various projects (mostly the one in Romania). This is a new apt for them, so they had some friends over from dinner. Claire made these vietnamese spring roll wraps (well actually she just put out the ingredients and we each got to make our own), they were delicious! After dinner, Bertrand insisted upon me playing Guitar Hero (at least all of the songs were American songs!). We had a great time and met a lot of new people. Although Matthew did most of the talking, I could understand the jist of most conversations...except when they started talking about Michelin stuff and then I would zone out (everyone there worked for Michelin!). Below is a picture Bertrand took. I didn't take my camera, but hopefully next time I can get some pictures of our new French friends! Bertrand is also the one that has convinced Matthew to play on his Rugby team while we are here. As soon as Matthew gets a physical done, he can start practice...




2 comments:

jcaudill said...

Kim! I love this blog! I'm cracking up about "matt-chew cab". Can't stop laughing... haha.

Hope all is well. I'm visiting next summer. We should practically go ahead and pick a date.

Love and miss you both.

-Jen, Matt's cousin in Atlanta :)

John Bolton said...

Looks like an American rocker......I guess we will be seeing Matt..chew with a broken leg soon.....Rugby?????

Love you and miss you,
Dad